Having your employees physically move products is inefficient. It costs time and money – something a warehouse in today’s market cannot afford. Also, by having employees physically responsible for moving products, you increase the likelihood of a work-related injury.
So, it is no wonder more companies are switching to the use of conveyors.
Conveyors are an Obvious Choice for Warehouses and Distribution Centers
Conveyor systems are purely mechanical. They transport objects from one spot to another. This can be done during the ordering process, restocking process or even the manufacturing process. They are used in a variety of industries – from automotive to food processing to electronics and packaging.
Conveyors are used in so many industries, but you may be wondering if they are the right choice for your warehouse. If you are not sure whether or not should use a conveyor, here are a few questions to ask yourself:
- Will it speed up operations?
- Will it offer safer handling of your products?
- If the in-person handling process is eliminated, will it save your company money?
If you answered “yes” to any of these, then a conveyor and conveyor platform could be the right solution for your company.
The Types of Conveyor Systems
You can use conveyors with conveyor platforms to maximize product movement – especially if your facility has more than one floor. The types of conveyor systems out there include:
- Belt conveyors – which feature constant movement via a rotating belt. These can be on rollers or flat beds and can be connected to an on and off switch for more control.
- Gravity rollers – these have metal rollers that sit on a fixed shaft. They allow for free movement and offer a slight incline so that products move with gravity.
- Live rollers – These also have metal rollers like the gravity system, but are mechanically powered – and don’t rely on gravity.
Thinking About a Conveyor? Contact Mezzanines by Design
If you are thinking of installing a conveyor, you will need a conveyor platform to suit your new purchase. The team at Mezzanines by Design can help create one that works with your company’s operations, is safe and compliments your already installed mezzanine.